Well, I'm up early due to achy hips. Whew. The good news is, it's usually not this bad in the mornings. If it were, I don't think I'd ever have a problem getting up on time to get ready for work :-) I knew I would end up waking Devon up with all my tossing and turning and moving to try and get the achyness to stop, so I decided to go ahead and get up. It's actually kinda nice getting up early when it's not cause you have to immediately get ready for work. I've gotten all our Christmas gifts and cards ready for people Devon works closely with, my co-workers, and our neighbors all done and ready to deliver. This year for Devon's people we're giving them hot chocolate in these cute little tins that I picked up at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Our neighbors are getting this same thing :-) and my co-workers are getting little homemade soaps I picked up a couple months ago during a girls weekend trip to Roanoke, VA. I really do think it's neat to be able to do a small something for people like this in your everyday life.
Now, I'm sitting here with a fully belly and a hot cup of tea enjoying the Christmas lights while I write this. Thank you Lord for small treats like this.
I can't believe it's the week of Christmas already. Where did 2010 go??? It's scary how fast a year can go! My best friend ,Heather, and I were talking the other day about how long we have known each other and how long ago we graduated from college. We essentially said it does not make sense! I mean, we can remember what we have done since the 11 1/2 years ago we graduated from college...but it still just doesn't make sense that that much time has passed. I still feel like college was a year ago...and that I'm still in my early 20s! Of course I wouldn't change anything, but it still doesn't make sense.
On another note, Devon and I had our all day birthing class yesterday at the hospital. We left with a "certificate" of sorts. I guess we're "ready" to have a baby and then take it home with us...eek! 11 more weeks until the little guys due date. Again, time is flying by. Lots to get done before he gets here. But I don't think we'll ever feel completely "ready." It's gonna make us rely on the Lord all the more. Exciting, scary, unbelievable, humbling, responsibility, joy, awe...just some of the emotions that go through this hormone fluxing pregnant woman as the days pass by.
Thank you for reading this definite rambling post! Blessings on your week of Christmas! May you truly see God in the details of your days.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment