We worked in the garden for about 5 hours Friday afternoon. One of the hottest days of the year so far...in the mid 80's. Needless to say, we both started our farmers tan in style. Devon worked hard tilling up the ground (for a 2nd time to make sure it was good and ready for planting), while I worked on getting all the weeds and rocks out and raking the soil into our rows. We planted spinach, kahl, broccoli, radishes, tomatoes, green/red peppers(we don't know which), onions, and carrots. We still have some more tilling and planting to do, but that'll be in a couple more weeks. We have green beans, lima beans, cucumber, squash, zuchinni, cantalope, and watermelon to plant. I'd like to get some sweet potatoes too! And, we've talked about getting some blue berry bushes and maybe doing a few strawberry plants. This is the first time for both of us doing a garden...we may be being a little over zealous on our first try...but we'll see!
Saturday we worked on Devon's house. He's got a little one bedroom house that is located in one of the...hmmm how should I say this....well, the house isn't located in the best area of Shelby. There are break-in's, fights, and gun fire on a regular basis. We're wanting to fix the house up a bit and sell it. So, if you're one of the 3 people who may read this...pray that we get the house fixed up and sold quickly. It will definitely be a weight off our shoulders to not have this house over our heads anylonger. Devon spent the morning working on the yard and I spent the morning puddying holes and dry-wall. I'm honestly excited to see what this little place is gonna look like when we're done! I pray that the right owner comes along.
Saturday evening Devon's sisters came over and we all went over to Annie & Robbie's and dyed Easter eggs with them. It was a lot of fun!
Devon's sisters spent the night with us. We got up at 3:20am (yes you read that correctly) and got ready and headed to the Easter Sunrise Service at Chimney Rock. it's an annual tradition for the Raisch family. This year Devon and I were the only ones who were going to be able to make it, so the girls stayed with us. It was a beautiful beautiful way to begin Easter day. I'm so thankful to truly understand the significance of what Easter Sunday represents. So thankful that Jesus Christ conquered death and now all our sins are forgiven and we have direct relationship to God Himself! AMAZING! That is another entire blog post all in itself...
We made it back from the service in time to go out to Ihop for breakfast and get to the YMCA where our church meets. Devon was falling asleep to the left of me and his sister, Jamie, was falling asleep to the right of me. It was hard not to chuckle. At one point I put my arm around Jamie and put my hand on her head so it would stop bobbing up and down. We definitely enjoyed a long afternoon nap yesterday! We decided not to work in the garden or on the house yesterday afternoon, but just relax and enjoy some time together. I'm truly blessed...


3 comments:
So excited about your garden - and the neighbors thought you looked ridiculous. :-)
YAY! I am glad you are back in the blogging world! We worked on our garden too.. oh what fun!
Wow your garden sounds wonderful already. Bet you both were alittle sore Sunday.
Post a Comment