Friday, September 26, 2008

my Friday morning thus far

Wake up suddenly at 5:39am...need to leave the house in 11min (20 min at the latest).
Showering is not an option as I went for a run last night.
Think to myself as I'm knocking shampoo bottles to the floor with my early morning uncoordination, "must move alarm clock accross the room!"

Walking out the door in 20min (yes, I am going to be a few minutes late to work).
In one hand I have my keys and both my work bag and purse on my shoulder (remembering to throw both breakfast and lunch into my work bag)
In my other hand I have the two coffee filled travel mugs I'm taking with me on my drive (since I didn't have time sit and eat breakfast this morning and I have a long drive to work).
Close the door behind me and enter early morning darkness.
Walk down first step...and fall down second step.
Quickly access if everything anatomically is okay, but remember that I don't have time for this. Get up, brush myself off, hope that my clothes are not completely dirty as I cannot see them and don't have time to change anyway.

Arrive to work safely. My clothes are not too scuffed with the carport dust I briefly found myself laying in this morning. As I can observe thus far, everything remained in my purse and work bag, as I didn't have time to even look and see if anything flew out during my early morning calisthenics. Amazingly, I didn't spill any coffee and enjoyed both mugs on my drive to work. Anatomically, the only thing I notice is that the ankle that failed me this morning is a little sore...which I'm going to choose to ignore as I'm running a marathon in 2 weeks.

Here's hoping the rest of my Friday is less eventful.

5 comments:

Meegs said...

There's nothing like waking up late to get your adreneline flowing in 2.5 seconds. Glad you managed to pull it together and make it to the office. I probably would have called in.

Buckingham Palace said...

haha! that is so you! and two cups of coffee! I am glad you are writing more often!

Jules said...

You be careful, Missy! I hear running a marathon with broken legs is REALLY hard!

Jennifer said...

Hi Mandy, Jen Kruidenier here. I found your blog through Michelle Everette. Glad to see your face again:) You are looking beautiful and healthy...Wow, training for a marathon? That is something I've always wanted to do. Way to go. Well, just wanted to say hi and I'll be checking your blog every now and again if you don't mind:) You can find out blog on Michelle's list.
Love, Jen

Jennifer said...

I meant "our" not "out" blog on Michelle's... Jen