Sunday, July 17, 2011

smitten with daddy

So, one of the most precious things I get to observe these days is how smitten Triston is with his daddy.  It really is amazing.  I mean, I get smiles...but daddy...daddy gets giddy smiles and arm & leg flails.  It is PRECIOUS.  Here's an example:  Our night time routine is I feed Triston then read to him and then Devon comes in and prays for us before I lay him down for the night.  Well the other night after feeding Triston he was pretty much asleep sitting up while I was trying to get a burp out of him.  Devon came in to ask me a question and put some of Triston's laundry away.  Triston, with his eyes still closed, perked up and followed Devon's voice as Devon walked around the room.  His eyes eventually opened up and sure enough, gave a beautiful smile to daddy.  Then when Devon prayed for us, Triston was trying to touch his face the whole time during the prayer.  Really, one of the sweetest things I'm blessed to observe these days.   I sure am blessed by my boys...
Update on Triston :-)  We just had his 4mo check up (although he is closer to 5mo).  He weighed in at 17lbs13.5oz and 24.5in.  We've got a little football player on our hands!  He got a couple more shots, and neither Triston or mommy liked them.  These immunization shots stress me out.  He had a rough 24-36hrs after the shots, but by the looks at the picture above that I just snapped, I think he's feeling better this morning :-)

No comments: