Saturday, March 12, 2011

T D R

Triston David Raisch
Born 2/28/2011
6lbs15oz  21in long


Our little man arrived safe and sound.  We are truly blessed.  Even though he was only 5 days ahead of schedule, both Devon and I were surprised about his arrival.  I was convinced that I was going to be one of those "over due" 1st time pregnant women.  But God had perfect timing.  And now, we are almost 2 weeks into his life out here with us.  Things have been going well, and we have nothing to complain about.  I think we're the typical sleep deprived parents of a new born...on top of that add 1st time parent questions going on in our (my) head all the time.  Is he okay?  Is he gaining weight?  Should he be sleeping now?  Are his nights and days mixed up?  etc.   I am truly truly blessed with my husband.  He's wonderful.  And...He was able to get 3weeks off work!  So, we still have one more week at home together as a family before the reality of work hits.  (Thank you Devon, for being so wonderful and patient with your emotional wife!)

 I've loved noticing Triston's little nuances and thought I'd share a few with you.

1. I love how he smiles when he's falling asleep.  I thought this was just a coincidence, but he does it for us faithfully.  His eyes closed, drifting into his sleep breathing, and then a big smile comes on his face.  It's precious.    I think he's gonna have beautiful smile like his daddy...and maybe even one of his cute dimples!

2. His stretch is priceless.  He throws his head back, arches his back, scrunches his face up, and raises his arms above his head.  I can't get enough of it.

3. He loves to sleep with his arms above his head.  Somehow, all swaddled up, he gets those arms free and gets them up there by his head

I'm sure this blog will be turning somewhat into a mommy blog of sorts.  Thanks for making the transition with me :-)    We've been taking pictures!  So I promise to post some of those soon.  For now, the one above is him only a few hours old.  Now, I'm off to get ready for the day while both my boys are resting...

5 comments:

Oma said...

I love these posts, so keep them coming...pictures are the best...enjoy every minute, because things change really fast. Once you think ok, I got this down now..haha a new pattern begins..he sure is cute, I can't wait to see a picture with his eyes open...xoxox Auntie

Unknown said...

love your blog...it brings back such wonderful memories of having little ones in the home. He is adorable and I am here for you whenever you want to talk, vent, share, etc. Being a Mom is a wonderful, demanding, and rewarding job...but make sure you take time for you and Devon.. I miss you so very much but am so thankful that you came into my life and have become a lifelong friend. And don't forget, I do think we are "sisters" Love you, Diane

The Journey said...

This was such a sweet post. He is adorable. Congrats and best wishes and dont worry we all have those crazy first timer thoughts too...:) sometimes even with each new baby....:)

Christie, Logan, and Asher said...

He is so cute! I love the hands by the head, so precious. I'm glad we're doing this one last time :)

Annie said...

Twin Sister you are a wonderful 1st time Mommy! Triston is blessed to have you as his Mommy.