Sunday, August 8, 2010

unexpected blessing

I woke up this morning knowing that one of my main priorities for the day was getting to the grocery store to buy laundry detergent.  I had let mine run out and didn't want to just go anywhere to buys some.  You see, I REALLY want to use my coupons, but I've gotten a few weeks behind on cutting them.  Over the past several days I've been meaning to get my coupons up to date and then look and see who had detergent on sale and then go use my coupon there.

Well...I had waited to long, and had resolved to just going to the nearest grocery store this morning and buying detergent without a coupon.  I went to Food Lion at 8am this morning and headed directly to the laundry isle.  There were several brands on Food Lion special, so I was happy that I was going to save aleast a few dollars.  I ended up getting the Arm&Hammer brand (never got it, but how can you go wrong with A&H?).  I found a good deal on razors and honey nut cheerios.  I was quite happy with my belongings and headed to the checkout.  The sweet sweet lady behind the register saw that my laundry detergent was on a good sale as well (made me feel good).  She then said something about there being a coupon???  huh?  She pulled out an envelope with several pages of coupons printed off the internet.  She found one for my detergent and cut it out and scanned it.  I saved another $1.00 on it!  I was so thankful.  I then asked her, "do you just keep these up here?"  She then told me those were her own personal coupons!  She was giving me that one.  I didn't know what to say.  How kind of her!  I told her thank you many many times and that I didn't deserve it, but she assured me that I did. 

What a sweet blessing from this lady.  I walked out thinking about making her some cookies or brownies and bringing them back to her to show my appreciation.  Over the top?  maybe?   But still, I was so blessed by this small act.  I've got my 2nd load of laundry going already :-)

No comments: