As many of you guys know, I had an amazing opportunity to run the Great Wall of China Marathon a little over a year ago. It has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I completed it with a team of people from all over the world. Members of the team were from Denmark, England, Argentina, Spain, Holland, France, Italy, Canada, and the US. We all have a connection with the hearing aid company Widex. Widex in our various countries supported us all as we ran the marathon to raise support for the Deaf Olympics. Again, AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE and once in a lifetime training, traveling, and friendships. It's safe to say that I still think about atleast one or two aspects of the entire experience atleast once a day.
So, I find myself packing up my house...and my dvd with pictures and videos that Widex took from our actual time in China is missing. My roomate, Jeanett, is being the complete optomist saying, "it has to be here. we'll find it. it can't be anywhere else." And, as much as I am hearing her logic...it's no where and my doubt is rising by the minute. As a kid I remember praying to one of the catholic saints asking him to help us find specific lost things in our house. (sorry mom! can't remember which saint it is) Isn't it funny how memories come rushing back to you in these moments. Even though praying to specific saints popped into my head this morning, I love the fact that God wants us to go directly to him. So right now I'm actively praying that our Great God will help me locate this dvd that is so special to me. I'm very thankful that we really do have a God who cares about these little details.
Below are a few more pics of my time in China and with my team:
A goat got onto the Great Wall the 1st time we were on it at the beginning of the race. I'm so glad I got to be near it when it happened and then that someone from my team found this pic and sent it to me. This shows how unique this marathon was.
This is some of my teammates posing for a picture wearing our medals after finishing the marathon. All smiles!
This is my coach, Anders, and me. He patiently trained me (from Denmark) through my stress fracture. I really hope to one day have the chance to be trained by him again.

8 comments:
It is Saint Anthony, just say 'hey, Tone, ya know where my stuff is at?' I think that there will be a big room in heaven with all lost stuff...I would love to put my wedding ring back on. Oh Well, Hope you have fun packin up..aah..all new adventures..
I'm praying for a quick recovery!!!
Just ask that Saint Anthony guy he always finds the lost things. The cd might not show up right away but it it will show up again. Are ya sure you didn't take it to somebodys house to show them and then forgot to bring it home? Just a thought.
Hey Mandy. It's Courtney. Saw your blog on Michelle's list. Wish you the best with your move!!
Hello Aunt Mandy!
We love and miss you.
Love Dillon and Devyn
We all wish you the best with your move and new job! Love the blog....it keeps us updated.
Tricia and Bryan
You rock, girl! Great to see you again yesterday at Jennifer's shower. I'll look forward to keeping up with you in BlogWorld. Meanwhile, I will be researching our TOP SECRET Blog idea... :)
I Have a pray out to St. Anthony looking for Mandy...where are you? How is the job...how went the move?..How come you don't say hi?
xo Auntie Casey
Mandy,
I keep waiting for you to update this and you never do. You must be a busy person. : )I look forward to reading it when you do. : ) Did you ever find the DVD? I hope so.
Post a Comment